HEROES Endowment is a resultant fund set by net returns attributed to social businesses as well as other charitable sources. The Fund is held in trust by the NGO and shall work with leading professionals knowledgeable on investments, operate under guidelines issued by Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA): Where it competitively selects a Fund manager, an Administrator and a Custodian to manage the endowment with the aim of utilizing accrued earnings for Heroes Social Welfare and affiliated grants. The Fund is destined to be home to hundreds of philanthropic funds created and directed by thousands of caring and compassionate donors.
1. FIELD OF INTEREST FUNDS–Endowed funds that create a permanent income stream for specified areas of HEROES social welfare interest the organization and/or donor wants to support, and carried out under the Organization supervision in perpetuity. These include but not limited to: Health Fund; Housing Fund; and Pension Fund; etc.
2. YOUTH SELF-EMPLOYMENT FUNDS-These are cost-effective funds meant to establish Youth-run distributor Cooperatives, uplift and simplify philanthropic giving to Youth employment causes. World Heroes Foundation manage all administrative requirements while Philanthropies and resultant youth cooperative associations enjoy transformative power that philanthropy creates!
3. CSR DESIGNATED HEROES FUNDS-These are corporate cost-effective funds meant to uplift and simplify corporates philanthropic giving to Heroes’ social welfare causes across their market communities. World Heroes Foundation manage all administrative requirements while corporates enjoy their philanthropy’s transformative power!
4. GOVERNMENT DESIGNATED HEROES FUNDS–Endowed funds that create a permanent income stream for one or two pro-heroes causes a Government wants to support, also carried out under the NGO’s supervision in perpetuity. National Heroes Fund as contained in The Kenya Heroes Act, 2014 through a Gazette Supplement No. 63 (Acts No.5), soon to be launched is a classic example.
5. HEROES SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS– A variety of fund options for supporting tuition, other related expenses for Heroes benefactors to attend schools/colleges/universities (including donor-specified schools or fields of study).
6.DONOR DESIGNATED HEROES FUND– Endowed funds that create a permanent income stream for one or two pro-heroes’ specific charitable organizations a donor wants to support during and after his/her lifetime, also carried out under the NGO’s supervision in perpetuity.